- 1 What are the best areas of Nottingham?
- 2 What is the posh part of Nottingham?
- 3 What is the safest area in Nottingham?
- 4 Where do the rich live in Nottingham?
- 5 Is Nottingham a rough city?
- 6 Is Nottingham safe at night?
- 7 What is the richest road in Nottingham?
- 8 Is mapperley posh?
- 9 Is Nottingham cheap to live in?
- 10 Which city in UK has highest crime rate?
- 11 How expensive is life in Nottingham?
- 12 Why is Nottingham called Shottingham?
- 13 Is Nottingham a good place to live?
- 14 Is Arnold Nottingham a good place to live?
- 15 What food is Nottingham known for?
What are the best areas of Nottingham?
The best areas to live in Nottingham
- 1 – Arnold. Arnold is a historic and community-driven town and one of the largest towns in the county of Nottinghamshire.
- 2 – Beeston. Beeston is a large town located southwest of the Nottingham City Centre.
- 3 – Mapperley.
- 4 – The Park.
- 5 – Ruddington.
- 6 – West Bridgford.
- 7 – Woodborough.
What is the posh part of Nottingham?
What do you mean by posh? Anywhere south of the river or rushcliffe can be considered posh, very affluent area with high achieving schools, and Nottingham Forest based there. Nottingham itself the defiantly the Park is posh. Mapperley Park, The Park, Edwalton, Wollaton, West & East Bridgford.
What is the safest area in Nottingham?
The safest area of Nottingham is Wollaton East and Lenton Abbey, with 53 crimes reported in March 2017. This is followed by Wollaton West (90 crimes), Clifton North (100 crimes), Bulwell Forest (113 crimes) and Leen Valley (116 crimes).
Where do the rich live in Nottingham?
The top five highest average property values in Nottinghamshire
- Beeston Fields Drive, Nottingham NG9. Average value £1,358,286.
- Croft Road, Edwalton, Nottingham NG12. Average value £1,223,778.
- Grange Road, Edwalton, Nottingham NG12.
- Blidworth Waye, Papplewick, Nottingham NG15.
- Church Lane, Widmerpool, Nottingham NG12.
Is Nottingham a rough city?
Nottingham is the most dangerous major city in Nottinghamshire, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of Nottinghamshire’s 245 towns, villages, and cities. The most common crimes in Nottingham are violence and sexual offences, with 12,636 offences during 2020, giving a crime rate of 40.
Is Nottingham safe at night?
Nottingham has been accredited as a ‘Purple Flag’ city for the eighth consecutive year, meaning it has been formally recognised as a safe place for a night out.
What is the richest road in Nottingham?
SHEEPWALK LANE, RAVENSHEAD, NOTTINGHAM Making the list of most expensive streets in Sheepwalk Lane where homes come in at an average of £595,000.
Is mapperley posh?
Mapperley is a popular suburb which boasts many of Nottingham’s most desirable properties. There are a good range of local shops and conveniences in walking distance on Mapperley Top, and excellent transport links running into Nottingham City Centre and out into the surrounding countryside.
Is Nottingham cheap to live in?
Nottingham is the ninth cheapest city for graduates to live in, which means more nights at Ocean. The City of Nottingham has been ranked as the UK’s ninth cheapest cities for recent graduates to live in, placing above the country’s most expensive student citys London, Oxford, and Reading.
Which city in UK has highest crime rate?
With a crime rate of 109.7 per 1,000 people Cleveland, in North East England, had the highest crime rate of all the police force areas in England and Wales in 2020/21.
How expensive is life in Nottingham?
Summary about cost of living in Nottingham, United Kingdom: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 3,157$ (2,330£) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 897$ (662£) without rent. Nottingham is 28.23% less expensive than New York (without rent).
Why is Nottingham called Shottingham?
Amid the violence, Nottingham was dubbed ‘Shottingham’ by the media; its reputation as Britain’s murder centre saw university applications drop and business leaders warn of a crisis in investment in the city.
Is Nottingham a good place to live?
Providing great provisions for students and families alike Nottingham is truly a great city to call home. Nottingham is full of historic locations explored and offers locals a delightful, balanced lifestyle. So, if you want to live in Nottingham, there is no time like the present!
Is Arnold Nottingham a good place to live?
Arnold hits back after survey ranks it as one of the worst places in England to live. This Nottinghamshire town “is on the up” according to angry residents who have leapt to its defence following a survey of best and worst places to live.
What food is Nottingham known for?
Nottinghamshire is renowned for Stilton cheese, pork pies and Bramley apples.