Who Owns Victoria Centre Nottingham?

When did Victoria Centre Nottingham Open?

The shopping centre was built between 1967 and 1972 by Taylor Woodrow. Above the shopping centre rise the 26 floor, 256 ft (78 m) high Victoria Centre Flats, which run north–south along their length.

Who made the clock in Victoria Centre Nottingham?

The water powered clock has the official name, The Aqua Horological Tintinnabulator, but is also referred to as the Emett Clock or the Victoria Centre Clock. Sculptor Rowland Emett, (22 October 1906 – 13 November 1990) was a cartoonist, artist, inventor and builder of mechanical and wacky inventions.

Why is Nottingham Victoria Station closed?

Victoria, which closed in 1967, was one of 31 sites explored for a possible East Midlands station, but the idea of using the site, now occupied by the intu Victoria Centre, was ditched early into the process owing to “construction costs and impact”.

Is broadmarsh still open?

Nottingham’s Broadmarsh shopping centre is a monument to a retail heyday now past. Final demolition will begin this month after works to reinvent the building, which opened in 1975, were abandoned when its owner, the retail property group Intu, went bust last year and the lease was taken on by the local council.

What was the pub called in Victoria Centre Nottingham?

The New Vic was situated in the Victoria Centre. This pub closed in the 1980s.

You might be interested:  FAQ: How Far Is Huddersfield From Nottingham?

Is Nottingham a county?

Nottinghamshire, administrative, geographic, and historic county of the East Midlands of England, bordered by the geographic counties of Leicestershire, Derbyshire, and Lincolnshire, and by the metropolitan county of South Yorkshire.

Who owns Nottingham station?

The station was nationalised in 1948, under the Transport Act 1947, becoming part of British Railways. Following the privatisation of the railways in the 1990s, ownership was transferred to Railtrack and subsequently to Network Rail.

When did Victoria station Sheffield close?

The original Sheffield Victoria station, on the Woodhead route to Manchester, closed in 1970. The Woodhead route itself closed in 1981 but a section of freight-only line at the South Yorkshire end remains open serving a steel plant at Stocksbridge.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *